Last Updated on
We all are aware of the fact that DevOps has gained massive popularity in the IT industry over the past few years and it is not going to slow down any time soon. With the beginning of a new decade, in 2020, DevOps prepares to become even more mature than ever before. Now, DevOps teams are all set to seek automation possibilities using AI and data science. How amazing is that?
But are we able to keep up with the change that DevOps is bringing along? If you are aspiring to be part of the change, if you are looking for a training on DevOps, or a certification on DevOps, this blog is going to guide you through everything. Let’s get started.
Here’s what this blog about ‘DevOps Training and Certification’ has to offer:
- What is DevOps?
- Why DevOps?
- DevOps Tools
- What are DevOps Certifications?
- Why a Certification on DevOps?
- What About DevOps Jobs?
- Various Roles in DevOps
- Current Job Demands in DevOps
- DevOps Certifications by Eduranz
- Where Can You Get DevOps Training?
- DevOps Course Content
What is DevOps?
DevOps is not a tool, it is a set of practices that focuses on shortening the process of software development lifecycle by combining developers and operations teams. It includes several automation tools in order to maintain continuous integration of work between the team, continuous delivery, continuous deployment and continuous configuration of the product.
Here is a key point you should not miss, the goal of DevOps is not only to reduce the time between committing a change of a software and placing the change to production, but also to ensure high quality product.
When both developers team and operations team were in different silos, there were a lot of gap between these two teams. Which affected the overall development, deployment, and maintenance cycle. But there are many significant key points that we can highlight that has changed after DevOps. Let us compare the scenarios before and after devops.
- Slow process
- Manual testing
- Communication gap
- More deployment failure
- Slow Release
- More rollbacks
- More time to recover
- Slow rate of innovation
- Faster process
- Automated testing
- Improved collaborative work and communication
- Less deployment failure
- Quicker release
- Less rollbacks
- Less time to recover
- Faster rate of innovation
Now that we have seen how DevOps improved the software development, deployment, and maintenance cycle, let us talk about the tools helping us carry out the practices of DevOps.
- Collaboration and Planning: Jira
- Code Development: Eclipse
- Version Control: Git
- Building Codes: Maven
- Testing: Selenium and JUnit
- Integration: Jenkins
- Deployment and Configuration: Puppet, Ansible, and Chef
- Post Deployment Operation: Docker
- Monitoring: Nagios
Alright, now that we have an idea of what devops is let us talk about how to get into the field of DevOps. Having a certification on DevOps is going to make you stand out in the crowd and will definitely increase your odds of getting your dream job in the field of DevOps. If you don’t know what devops certifications are, and how to get training on devops and get certified, here’s a guide for you.
What are DevOps Certifications?
DevOps certifications are nothing but a set of testing programs, which focus to ensure whether an applicant has achieved an appropriate level of skills to be able to work in the converged areas of software development and operation.
Let us discuss some other important aspects of a certification on DevOps. Further we will also discuss which training on DevOps you should go for.
Although there are no prerequisites to get started with Eduranz’s DevOps training and certification course, having the following might come in handy.
- Basic understanding of Linux and shell scripting
- Prior working experience in IT industry
Why a Certification on DevOps?
As mentioned earlier DevOps as seen grown its popularity immensely over the past few years. The same can be seen in the google trends result for DevOps. Which is also opening doors of opportunities for aspirants who want to get into the field of DevOps.
Now having a verified DevOps certification is going to set one apart from the rest, as DevOps certifications add a trust factor in your skills. By enrolling yourself in a DevOps training course that provides verified DevOps certifications, you will be able to back up your claims of having experience in DevOps tools. The interviewer is also going to select candidates who have priori knowledge of DevOps, as they don’t need to put them through training on DevOps, which saves a lot of resources.
So, in short, a certification on DevOps will help you stand out in the crowd and will open doors of new and exciting opportunities.
Now that we have talked about DevOps certifications, let us talk about job opportunities in DevOps, otherwise what’s the point of having a certification on DevOps, right?
What about DevOps Jobs?
Before we jump into discussing details about training on DevOps and DevOps certifications, let us talk about job opportunities in DevOps.
Various Roles in DevOps
The popularity of DevOps is increasing rapidly, so are the opportunities. There is a wide range of roles in DevOps to get on board with. Here’s what the DevOps job roles look like.
- DevOps System Engineer: Responsible for maintaining infrastructure
- DevOps Software Developer: Responsible for writing high quality codes
- DevOps Test Analyst: Responsible for creating automated test pipelines
- Devops Automation Expert: Responsible for creating automated CI/CD pipelines
- DevOps Release Manager: Responsible for controlling software delivery cycle, managing project plans, and providing documentation for team members
- DevOps Security Professional: Responsible for providing security for infrastructure
- Devops Lead: Responsible for monitoring every process, complete infrastructure of continuous integration and deployment, managing high availability of production
Current Job Demands in DevOps
DevOps jobs are highly in demand and expected to keep increasing in 2020. Take a look at the average salary chart for each DevOps role.
Alright, now that we have an idea about current job demands in DevOps, let us address the most important questions, ‘Where can I get training on DevOps?’, ‘Should I go for DevOps online training?
DevOps Certifications by Eduranz
Eduranz’s DevOps Training Certification course has been designed and curated by industry professionals that prepares you with hands-on experience of DevOps tools.
- As part of this training on DevOps, you will work on real-time projects and assignments that is going to have a major impact on real industry scenarios.
- Upon completion of the project work, which will be reviewed by a panel of industry experts, and upon scoring at least 60% marks in the quiz, you will be awarded with the verified certification on DevOps by Eduranz.
Where can you get DevOps Training?
Wait, are you looking for a training session in your own city? You can be looking for DevOps training in Bangalore, you can be someone looking for Devops training in Hyderabad, or DevOps training in Chennai, or Devops training in Pune, you name the city! Rest is on Eduranz! You can also opt for the usual option, DevOps online training. As Eduranz has branches in Jaipur, Bangalore, Dubai, Oman, and is going to be in your city soon, it is easy for you to reach out to us. We have a dedicated support team to help you out. Our team will help you prepare a resume. Most importantly, we provide 100% placement assistance as we have tie-ups with tech-giants that are providing huge job opportunities.
But first, check out the course content, tailored by industry experts to get you started with DevOps.
DevOps Course Content
After completing Devops courses by Eduranz, you will be able to:
- Manage and track versions of various sources with Git
- Create and automate tests using Jenkins and Maven
- Testing Automatic Web Elements with the Selenium Toolkit
- Create and use containers with Docker
- Learn about the various roles and uses of the Ansible command line
- Manage groupings and scaling with Kubernetes
- Perform continuous monitoring with Nagios
- Get experience in working on standard projects for the living industry
This blog talks about DevOps, training on DevOps, and DevOps certifications. It also gives insight on different DevOps training options, such as DevOps online training as well as DevOps training offline, e.g. Devops training in Bangalore, DevOps training in Hyderabad, DevOps training in Pune, Devops training in Noida, and many more.